Friday, March 13, 2009

Yesterday my son came into the office right after the bell rang. He was crying loudly with his hand pressed to his cheek. I asked him what had happened and he said that someone had slapped him. I asked him who had done this and he told me a name which I had to help him identify by picture on my computer. It was one of the Rabbits. I called the Rabbit into the office and asked him why he had slapped my child. He told me, " It was a joke. It was just a joke!" I said, "Well, he doesn't look like he thinks it's a joke. He's crying and you hurt him. I'm calling your dad." Then he got this look in his eye of "oh no" and left the office. I called the dad who is in law enforcement and calmly let him know what had happened. I said, "I didn't yell at him but I did speak to him sternly." Dad said, "Well, you could have. You should have!" He then said he'd take care of it. So I have to wonder what happened last night.

My son cried for about 20 minutes. At one point he said that it had gone from stinging to hurting. He must have really smacked my kid hard. That just makes me mad. We aren't a physical family; not a lot of roughhousing. My point is that parents need to keep in mind what happens at home will almost always come to school.

And that's all I have to say about that.

No comments:

Post a Comment