Thursday, June 17, 2010

The slave...or mom

We were traveling home from a trip when Jon and I got talking about different things like what the kids think about and especially what they think about us. One of the running themes I've noticed that they think about me is written every year in their handmade Mother's Day cards. It's always something to the effect of "Thanks for making our food and doing our laundry." It'sbeen somewhat of a running joke in my own head and I would be disappointed if someone didn't say it. I was telling Jon about it and we started giggling, creating the epitaph for my gravestone. It would run something like this "Thanks for the clean clothes and the good food. In loving memory..." Etched in granite on top would be a pair of socks laid over the edge and an empty but dirty frying pan.

Fitting.

No comments:

Post a Comment