So I ran the Las Vegas Ragnar last weekend. This sums it up: 188 miles, 36 hours, 4 hours of sleep. It was one of the funnest things I have ever done. And I have to say Nevada, or at least that part of Nevada is one of the most desolate areas I've ever been in. Not much to look at. And I grew up in Phoenix!
Parts of the Ragnar I liked the most:
2. The megaphone we had taped to the roof of our Suburban.
3. Cheering people on.
4. When the other people on the team were running.
The parts of the Ragnar I liked the least:
1. Pooping. I never knew I had so much poop to give. Every time we stopped I was pooping. And it wasn't a drop here and a drop there it was full on poops. I finally took some Imodium.
2. Lack of sleep. However, the lack of sleep determined the amount of laughing.
3. When I had to run. I had three legs: 4.8 miles, 4.3 miles, and 6.1 miles. But when I was running I wasn't laughing.
|At the end of my first leg. I'm running so fast you can barely see my legs!|
|With my sister at Lake Mead after my first leg.|
|Gassing up after my 2nd leg.|
I came home with the Ragnar bug, however. I'm excited to do my next one. I've been thinking about the funny things that happened all week long and can only imagine that I will never have as good a time as I had on the first one. I'm a downer like that.